Justin Fields has gotten the attention of the gamblers. After lighting up the scoreboard and being a Heisman Finalist, Fields leads the pack in Heisman odds for 2020.
Fields currently sits at +450 to win the Heisman and Trevor Lawrence is right behind him at +475. Despite the great two years and all the team success, Lawrence hasn’t even made it to the Heisman Finalist list. Last season was the best finish Lawrence had in his two years finishing 7th in the voting.
Fields as the front runner makes sense as he will once again be surrounded by elite, playoff level talent. He also has the luxury of one of the better offensive minds in football as his coach. Most thought Fields was a generational talent when he arrived at Ohio State and he didn’t disappoint. 50 touchdowns is a feat that very few have done in a season. even a repeat of last season could be enough to bring the Heisman trophy back to Columbus.
Here is the current top 10 Heisman favorites according to BetOnline:
- Justin Fields (Ohio State) +450
- Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) +475
- Spencer Rattler (Oklahoma) +1000
- Sam Ehlinger (Texas) +1200
- Jamie Newman (Georgia) +1400
- Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State) +1600
- Travis Etienne (Clemson) +1800
- Ian Book (Notre Dame) +2000
- Kedon Slovis (USC) +2500
- Kyle Trask (Florida) +2500